Quantum Communication is the transmission of information via the coherent exchange of quantum systems, usually optical. Its study has led to new communication technologies, for example quantum key distribution, a secure communication technique with no classical analogue.
The Quantum Communication Theory Program, led by Professor Tim Ralph from the University of Queensland, studies a broad range of issues associated with quantum communication and fundamental aspects of quantum information and metrology.
We are particularly concerned with the scaling up of short to long range communication through the development of quantum repeaters and related technology. We collaborate with several groups on demonstrating key technologies.
- Prof. Tim C Ralph Executive Team, Program Manager The University of Queensland
- Mr. Lachlan Bishop PhD Student The University of Queensland
- Mr. Joshua Foo PhD Student The University of Queensland
- Ryan Marshman Research Fellow The University of Queensland
- Mr. Matthew Winnel PhD Student The University of Queensland
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/cqc2t.digitalnative.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/cqc2t-v2/single-cpt_research.php on line 249