Professor Simmons’s group leads the field internationally in making precision atomic electronic devices in silicon for both conventional and quantum computing. Using a combination of scanning tunneling microscopy and molecular beam epitaxy phosphorus dopant atoms are controllably placed in Si devices with atomic precision.
This has led to the development of the narrowest conducting wires in silicon, the development of the smallest precision transistors, the first two qubit gate between atom qubits in silicon and more complex architectures towards error correction.
The Program is currently developing all the functional elements for an error corrected scalable spin-based quantum computer, including techniques for multiplexed parallel qubit addressability, 3D atomic precision patterning, fast gate-based read-out, and both error detection and correction.
- Prof. Michelle Y. Simmons AO Director, Executive Team, Program Manager UNSW Sydney
- Ms. Zoe Bertrand PhD Student UNSW Sydney
- Mr. Henric Bornemann PhD Student UNSW Sydney
- Ms. Georgina Carson PhD Student UNSW Sydney
- Dr. Matthew Donnelly Multi-Qubit Device Physicist UNSW Sydney
- Ms. Helen Geng PhD Student UNSW Sydney
- Mr. Oliver Gorman Casual Research Assistant UNSW Sydney
- Dr. Daniel Keith Junior Multi-Qubit Device Physicist UNSW Sydney
- Mr. Mitchell Kiczynski PhD Student UNSW Sydney
- Mr. Dean Poulos Casual Research Assistant UNSW Sydney
- Ms. Jane Qian PhD student UNSW Sydney
- Mr. Joseph Rowlands PhD Student UNSW Sydney
- Mr. Samuel Sutherland PhD Student UNSW Sydney
- Dr. Andrey Timofeev Research Fellow UNSW Sydney
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/cqc2t.digitalnative.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/cqc2t-v2/single-cpt_research.php on line 249